Sunday, March 21, 2010

My First Opinion

I hope my friend is happy now, I'm finally starting this blog lol.

I wanted to start with a movie that I recently just watched... again, after years and years. The movie is called "The Wizard", made back in 1989. It's a bout a boy who was amazing at videogames and runs away with his brother (Fred Savage lol) and this girl to Los Angeles to enter this videogame tournament to win $50,000. The whole movie was funded basically by Nintendo. Mind you this is back in 1989... so watching the videogames that they were playing were highly entertaining... especially when the final game they have to play to win the money was stated as a "brand new game". The was Super Mario 3... lol. Back in the day that game was the best! But looking at the game now it makes me laugh. Videogames have come so far... especially the power glove (look it up lol).

Another movie that I will be writing about is "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". It's always fun to watch Disney movies when you get older to disect it and see all the inuendos that you didn't catch when you were younger. I know that this movie was made back in 1937, but still. This movie is full of sexism for both men and women. The male dwarves were portrayed as messy, worked all the time, unclean, and didn't know how to cook. Snow White was a woman who just sang all day, cooked, and cleaned. Oh and the only dream she had was to find a man lol. The prince didn't really even know the woman... just that she looked good and had a good voice. There was even a point where Grumpy says, "Women, you give them an inch and they take the whole thing." Well said Grumpy lol jk.

Finally a videogame that I played with my friend Katie yesterday, Mario Kart 64. I remember back in the day I always was in first place, I was so good that nobody wanted to play with me due to it "not being fair". But yesterday I got my ass handed to me lol. I have been spoiled by new videogames that I'm forgetting the classics tsk tsk. I will be getting a rematch with her in the future to regain my confidence lol.

This blog will be used to review, give my opinion, or just state some funny observations on either movies, videogames, and even books. I will probably even talk about what happens in my life... who knows lol.

1 comment: